St Therese’s is a Parish Primary School
Families are encouraged to take an active part in the St Agatha’s Parish community.
Religious Education Program
Religious Education is fundamental to the overall development of the child. At St Therese’s school, we believe that our Catholic faith calls us to view and embrace the contemporary world through a Catholic lens, and a hope-filled view of people and all of creation.
Through our Religious Education program, ‘To Live in Christ Jesus’, we aim to;
- invite a loving encounter with God,
- develop a love of self, and
- encourage engagement with the Christian community.
Religious Education is not limited to the formal teaching of lessons in the classroom.
The Religious Education curriculum also aims to complement the family’s faith education by developing the whole child in the life of the faith in:
- Celebrating liturgy
- Receiving Sacraments
- Responding to the spirit of God in their lives and in creation
- Celebrating the mystery and life of the Risen Christ
- Handing on tradition
- Understanding the scriptures and the traditions of the Catholic Church
Students are invited to prepare for the Sacraments in the following Year levels and this preparation is done through the Parish.
- Sacrament of Penance (Confession) in Year 4
- Sacrament of First Eucharist (Communion) in Year 4
- Sacrament of Confirmation in Year 6