At St Therese’s, we believe that the effective teaching of the English language is crucial in order for young people to develop the skills necessary to be effective communicators. The Victorian English Curriculum aims to ensure that students develop fluency and understanding in reading, writing, and speaking and listening.
The St Therese’s English program aims to:
- Provide a rich program that meets the need of all students
- Keep detailed data on each student’s progress so that assessment is current and drives the teaching
- Use the methodology of small and whole group teaching, enabling differentiated instruction
- The Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) program is provided for students at all levels as required.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) strategies for those who require this level of support
- Promotion of reading as a lifelong skill through the Take Home Reader program. All students are invited to select good fit books from our extensive library to read at home on a daily basis